Dell Philippines Launches XPS 13 Ultrabook
Dell has some mighty fine weapon to go up against the Macbook Air 11” and 13” and it came in the form of the slim XPS 13.
Last April 12, 2012 Dell Philippines invited people from the Media and Bloggers to the launch party / fashion show at the Mind Museum in Bonifacio Global City. Why a fashion show? It’s because the XPS 13 shows both technology and design sense into one thin and neat package. Afterwards, the guests were treated at a night inside The Mind Museum.
In my opinion, it makes a nice travel laptop and the mobile i5 or i7 coupled with an SSD would work well with Lightroom for photo edits. Just pack it with a 2TB WD Passport and I’m good! (Also I’m curious if the CF shell’s good enough to stop plastic BB’s from airsoft, making it a makeshift plate ) Now if it’d be released with an Ivy Bridge configuration I’d sure want one for Christmas though (calling out to Santa)
Here’s more what Dell can tell about the XPS13’s fashion:
Fusing Function with Fashion
“Dell unveiled today its ultra-portable XPS 13 laptop, the most compact 13.3-inch Ultrabook featuring an edge-to-edge glass, near “frameless” display, all-day battery life, and the latest innovative technology for a superb overall user experience.
Dubbed “The Best of Technology and Fashion,” designer Pablo Cabahug unveiled a trunk collection that echoed the almost monochromatic hues of the XPS 13 Ultrabook. The creations came in the same shades as the ultra-savvy gadget: the high-gloss elegance of silver; the sleekness of ebony; and the immaculate seduction of white. Cabahug wove unto his designs not just Dell’s delicious colors but also his own brand of fashion genius that even the most jaded spectators were amazed.
Dell XPS 13 delivers superb craftsmanship, durability and mobility.Its thoughtful design goes beyond beauty. With bonded Corning® Gorilla® glass, machined aluminum and carbon fiber, all these are incorporated to enhance the performance of theUltrabook™.
Strikingly thin, with more room to view, the XPS 13 Ultrabook™ is a slim 6 mm (0.24”) at its thinnest point and only 18 mm (0.71”) at its thickest point; featuring a 13.3" HD display cleverly fit into a footprint that’s similar to an 11" laptop.
It delivers powerful performance with 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ processors, giving Ultrabook™ the speed and performance you’ve come to expect from the XPS family.“The XPS 13 is the culmination of an extensive design and development process focused on creating the best Ultrabook on the planet,” enthused Christopher Papa, Country Manager of Dell Philippines. “It is specifically engineered to help both our consumer and commercial customers become more productive and connected in every way possible. From the edge-to-edge frameless display that packs more screen space into a compact body, to the innovative carbon fiber base that is lightweight and cool to the touch, the XPS 13 exemplifies our commitment to offering industry-leading mobile solutions that deliver durability and performance without compromise.”
Always up to date, itsIntel® Smart Connect Technology keeps your email, contacts, calendar and social networks up to date, even when your XPS 13 Ultrabook™ is in sleep mode. “When Dell began the conversation of what an Ultrabook could be, we carefully considered how to provide customers not only incredible mobility, but also the kind of performance experience you would expect from something much larger,” added Christopher. “A ‘good-enough’ Ultrabook wasn’t good enough for us. We were committed to developing what an Ultrabook can and should be with the XPS 13 and providing a superior user experience.”
What’s more, the unit turns on instantly and boots in as little as 8 seconds; resuming from sleep mode in just 1 second (4 seconds from deep sleep). A solid-state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology makes this possible.“The XPS 13 represents the most balanced of the Ultrabook class of notebooks to hit the market so far”, said Alvin Go, product manager of Dell Philippines. “Ultrabooks started by forcing people to make a choice between beauty and practicality and Dell took the time to make sure their offering would not only be very attractive, but address the critical needs of business and education buyers as well. Perhaps the best way to describe the XPS 13 is ‘beautifully uncompromised’.”
The refined features truly feel as good as it looks, due to a comfort-designed keyboard and a sleek, gesture-enabled glass touchpad. Together with Dell, Cabahug proved that, indeed, fashion and technology are not far apart but closely interwoven. And in instances like this event, are linked like peas in a pod.”
The XPS 13 comes standard with our Premier Service Package which includes In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis[iii] and one year of priority user support,[iv] and one year of Complete Cover warranty.
Additional business-friendly features for the XPS 13 include:
- Dell ProSupport™ [vi] is available for Dell business customers and provides end users and IT professionals with various remote and on-site technical support for complex hardware and software needs that include access to ProSupport specialists.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
- Coming later this year: Configuration Services include customizing BIOS settings, loading an image, and applying asset tags prior to shipping, streamlining the process of deploying XPS 13 systems to employees wherever they may be located while ensuring consistency throughout the IT environment.
· Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs[ii]
· 13.3-inch HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
· Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fiber base
· 128 GB SSD or 256 GB SSD drive options[viii] with Intel Rapid Start Technology
· Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
· Intel HD 3000 video graphics
· 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[ix]
· Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
· Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
· 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery life[v]; 45W AC adaptor
· Dell ProSupport[vi] for business customers, Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models, and coming later this year, Dell Configuration Services
· Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
· USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
· Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
· High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
· Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Professional
There are three pricing options for the XPS 13 and each varies with their installed Processor and Solid State Drive:
|Model||XPS L321X||XPS L321X||XPS L321X|
|SRP||Php 59,950.00||Php 71,990.00||Php 79,990.00|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-2467M processor (1.60 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.30 GHz (TPM))||Intel Core i5-2467M processor (1.60 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.30 GHz (TPM))||Intel Core i7-2637M processor (1.70 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.80 GHz (TPM))|
|HDD||128GB Solid State Drive||256GB Solid State Drive||256GB Solid State Drive|
[iii] In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis enables you to have a technician and/or part dispatched to your home following remote diagnosis for issues covered by the Limited Hardware Warranty. Premium Phone support provides access to advanced technicians for hardware and software support.
[iv] Priority User Support includes 24×7 phone support and regional support within APJ.
[v] Battery life: Tested system equipped with 6-cell battery, 4GB memory, Intel HD 3000 graphics, Intel Core i5-2467M, and 128GB solid state drive. Based on testing using the Mobile Mark 2007 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit http://www.bapco.com. Test results should only be used to compare one product with another and are not a guarantee you will experience the same battery life. Battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on your product’s configuration, software, usage, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time and use.
[vi] Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com/servicedescriptions.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.